Tips and tricks to navigate this forum.
drmoss_ca
Site Admin
I am a: Patient
CLL Status: Post Transplant
Cancerversary: 30 Jul 2014

Posting Attachments/Images/Links

Post by drmoss_ca »

To save server space and keeps costs moderate, we are not allowing attachments at the moment. If you want to include an image in your post, it must be hosted elsewhere on the web first, and it should be hosted on a secure https site, otherwise it will not show here. Flickr or Imgur work fine. So find your image and copy its address (usually ctrl-click on it for Mac, or right-click on it for PC and select copy image address or copy link). Then when composing your post, use the button above that says Insert Image when you hover your cursor over it, and it will place the following in your post: [img][/img] - all you have to do is to paste your image address where the cursor will be flashing between the tag brackets, ie between these two ][.

Ask me if you need help!

Chris
Diagnosed July 2014.
FCR x6 Oct 14 - Mar 15.
Relapse 2019, with new 17p13 deletion.
Started ibrutinib Dec 2019.
Transplant February 17th 2021.
drmoss_ca
Site Admin

Re: Posting Attachments/Images

Post by drmoss_ca »

And a further little trick for posting links. Say you want to link to an article in the Daily Telegraph, for example. You can just paste in the address if you like:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ry-public/

or, if you want to be clever, why not use the hyperlink tags in the buttons above the post composition box? The button shows two links of a chain so it is easy to find. Write in the text that you want to be the link:
How the world reacted: Harry and Meghan are auctioning off their 'dirty laundry' to the highest bidder

then select and highlight it by dragging your cursor over the text, and click that button I mentioned. You will then have this:

[url]How the world reacted: Harry and Meghan are auctioning off their 'dirty laundry' to the highest bidder [/url]

Just one job left, place your cursor after url and before the ] bracket in the first tag (shortcut: after the tags are placed by hitting that button, the text is still highlighted, so two taps on your left arrow will put your cursor in the right place). Then type = and paste in the URL for the article. It will look like this:

[url=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ry-public/]How the world reacted: Harry and Meghan are auctioning off their 'dirty laundry' to the highest bidder [/url]

Now I have turned off the clever stuff in this post that translates all that gobbledygook into text that is a link. Look at the post below this and see what it really looks like. Very professional!
Diagnosed July 2014.
FCR x6 Oct 14 - Mar 15.
drmoss_ca
Site Admin

Re: Posting Attachments/Images

Post by drmoss_ca »

Diagnosed July 2014.
FCR x6 Oct 14 - Mar 15.
drmoss_ca
Site Admin

Re: Posting Attachments/Images/Links

Post by drmoss_ca »

Next lesson, how to embed a YouTube video. Use the 'Share' button at YouTube to get an address for the video and copy it.

Here's the Share button:

And having clicked on it, here's the blue Copy button:

Then you write your post here. When you get to the place in your post where the video should go, click on the YouTube button above the text box you are typing in. It's here:

This will place two tags in square brackets in your post, and the cursor should be flashing between them. It will look like this:

And you just paste (ctrl-v or command-v) in your video link right where the cursor is flashing and ready for it, so it will look like this:

If you want to write anything more, click after the last square bracket to move your cursor there, press return a time or to to leave a blank line or two, and type away. The video will look like this in your post:

https://youtu.be/aYHnKTJtsmg
Diagnosed July 2014.
FCR x6 Oct 14 - Mar 15.