Information about the CLL Forum and Forum rules
drmoss_ca
Site Admin
I am a: Patient
CLL Status: Post Transplant
Cancerversary: 30 Jul 2014

Under Attack from Russia!

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'm deleting around a dozen accounts a day that say they are from Russia, a former Soviet Union state, or an eastern European ex-Warsaw Pact state. Their first post is either in Cyrillic, or a formulaic "please approve me" thing (how do I change my username is popular) and then there are the more obvious spammy things like "I want pay you $1400/month for banner ad that will not contradict purpose of site" - imagine that in thick Russian accent! Da!)
I'm sure these are all from bots rather than humans, as the registered e-mail addresses are nearly the same, with the username before the @ symbol divided by periods into about ten parts, and generally the profile choices make no sense - a Caregiver relapsing or in transplant etc.
Anyway, I'm hoping ordinary users see none of this, as new user posts have to be approved before they are visible. If I miss anything and you see spam, please let me know, by reporting the post, PM or e-mail.

C.
Diagnosed July 2014.
FCR x6 Oct 14 - Mar 15.
Relapse 2019, with new 17p13 deletion.
Started ibrutinib Dec 2019.
Transplant February 17th 2021.
Gulfportdoc
CLL Status: In Treatment
Cancerversary: 11 Jul 2007

Re: Under Attack from Russia!

Post by Gulfportdoc »

Geez, Chris, these bots and AI have already gotten out of hand. 'Preciate your diligence.

~Art
CD38 71%, B2M 2.5, del 13q14.3 33%, unmutated [crap!], ZAP-70 pos, occasional bad hair day... Started R+CAL101 7/11/11, only CAL101 from 9/06/11 on. Switched to Ibrutinib 2/03/16, then switched to acalabrutinib 9/26/20.
lovesbooks
Cancerversary: 20 Sep 2014

Re: Under Attack from Russia!

Post by lovesbooks »

Thank you, Chris! I can't imagine all the work behind the scenes to stage our platform!